Job Vacancy: Trainee/Semi-Skilled Fire Door Assembler
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee/Semi-Skilled Fire Door Assembler.
Due to continuous ongoing developments, exciting opportunities have arisen for individuals to join our growing team. The right candidates can expect to progress within the business as we seek to expand our public sector and specialist supply contracts.
Working individually as well as part of a team, you will be required to perform within standard specifications to convert fire doors and their components into a finished product based on our clients’ requirements. This will include:
- Construction of frames and linings
- Hanging doors into frames/linings in accordance with strict tolerances
- Fitting various ironmongery components according to job specifications
- Ensuring all aspects of work comply with stringent certification requirements
- Complete quality checks of door sets
What’s expected of you
- A positive, can-do attitude with basic problem-solving abilities
- Preferred (but not essential) qualified to an NVQ level 2 in carpentry or similar equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrable wood finishing skills, an eye for detail and a high -quality work ethic is essential.
- Experience of fitting fire doors would be advantageous.
- Self -motivated and able to achieve individual and team targets in a production environment.
- 20 days paid holiday per annum (plus Bank Holidays) with an additional day for each year’s service completed up to a maximum of 25 days.
- Permanent position with standard SSP and pension.
- Employee discount
- Free on site parking
- Competitive rates of pay dependent on skill level.
- Monthly paid earnings based on 42.5 hour working week, consisting of the hours 7am to 4pm, Monday to Friday (overtime available)
Experience: Carpentry / assembly: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person at PWIDF Newport, South Wales
If you think this role would suit you, then click here to submit your CV.